Wednesday 13 January 2010

Style Resolutions Revisited: Jackie from Sweetie Pie Pumpkin Noodle

Today's interview is the last of the Style Resolutions Revisited series - with Jackie from Sweetie Pie Pumpkin Noodle. Tomorrow I am starting a short series of new resolutions from British bloggers.

These are Jackie's resolutions from last year:

So many that I don't even know where to start! My whole home has been a work in progress since we moved in four years ago. We haven't got a whole lot done as far as design goes because we have been focusing on starting our family. Now that my youngest is almost a year old, I feel like I can refocus on the little and big things I have been wanting to do around here. I'm currently working on my family room, using advice from a free consultation I won from the wonderful kelly + olive team. My next project will be redecorating my entry, which needs a major dose of "Organic meets Beverly Hills" style!

As far as fashion goes, I would love for this to be the year that I splurge on all the dream items that I have always lusted after. While this is highly unlikely, I'll put them out there in the universe in hopes they magically arrive on my doorstep from an anonymous donor.

And here's how she did:

I'm really glad Lynne asked me for an update to my 2009 Style Resolutions, because it helped me realize I had accomplished more than I originally thought! It has given me added confidence and enthusiasm for my goals for 2010.

My main achievement of the year was my family room redo. While I didn't get to buy everything that I wanted because of budget restraints, I was able to transform the space by rearranging some knick-knacks, painting the walls a new color, putting up a gallery wall of art pieces I had collected and buying a few new pillows for the sofa:


I really am in love with the room now. Big thanks to the lovely kelly + olive team for the design plans!

As far as my entry went, I did change it up a little bit, but it is still not where I want it:

Things I would still like to accomplish for the entry is a new seating area with storage for shoes, a new overhead light, a coat rack and either wallpaper or new paint for the walls.

On the fashion front, unfortunately no anonymous donors sent me my dream items. Here's to holding out hope for 2010!

My style resolutions for this year are rather simple: only purchase new items that I need (no new pillows, throws, lamps, etc just because they are cute), and find creative ways to re-purpose/reuse/recycle items I already own. I'm on a tighter budget this year because my main goal is paying off some debt we accumulated in 2009. I'm excited to put my thinking cap on and get creative!

Thanks so much Jackie for taking part. See her full original interview here, and click over to Sweetie Pie Pumpkin Noodle to see lots more of her casual glamour style.

9 comments:

Post Grad Hair Cut said...

I love what you've done with the living room! The colours you chose are just right. I love that fireplace.

TERI REES WANG said...

I'm thinking I need that black and white dress, and that grey bag to match!

Jackie said...

Thank you Lynne for including me in your update! Can't wait to see the new ones for 2010 you have coming up.

Jackie said...

PS-Thank you "Post Grad Hair Cut" for your sweet comment!

Life is a Runway said...

wow it looks great!
especially the living room!

lifeisarunway03.blogspot.com

Kayla Joy said...

love the new decor--I'm feeling inspired to do something with my home now!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just came across your blog (recommended by Notes from the Frugal Trenches...) and just wanted to drop you a comment to say I love it! I am also a huge fan of tea-shops and typewriters ;)
Following you.... xx

Anonymous said...

I love the living room. It's gorgeous. I must say congratulations!

Jill GG said...

Yes, the living room is just lovely... if you do find an anon donor for Tory Burch flats, ahem, I think you have my address too, right??? Love ya girl!