Monday 26 January 2009

Shop RE


If there's one shop which I know is right up my street, without having been there, it is Re, based in Northumberland. It is based in Corbridge, which is one of the prettiest villages I have ever been to, and I usually visit a friend in nearby Newcastle at least once a year. Visiting this shop is definitely on my agenda for my next trip north.

Luckily, they do have an online catalogue, so I can still peruse their wares. Their stock is a great mixture of vintage finds, and carefully crafted and chosen new picks. These are some of my favourites:

Cotton dishcloths with a relief of a British map.


Metal fretwork shelf. I love the display of vintage baking trays - sadly out of stock.

Vintage leather tape measures.

Vintage spirit levels.

red and white bakers twineI'm thrilled to have found a UK stockist of red and white bakers twine.


Vintage 19th and 20th Century cake stands.

Silk-covered flex for the very particular among us, but I am definitely tempted to use this.

9 comments:

inkWELL Press said...

I think I've just found a new favorite on-line catalog. I love vintage collections and these are all so fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! I think I would never want to leave this store. Those leather tape measures are divine! Thank you for sharing such a splendid store (and thank goodness for the online catalog!)

Anonymous said...

Not fair! I really want to go there just based on that store front alone. Not to mention the amazing things inside!
I agree about the online catalog.

Anonymous said...

The image with the jelly mold is divine. The entire store is in fact.

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a fun place!! :) I wish I could visit!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

What a gorgeous shop! I wish I could see it in person.

Apt. #34 said...

Oh you make me want to come to London so badly!

Brown Button Trading said...

red & white twine = the bomb! how cool xx

anne@anne-murray.com said...

what a lovely store. enjoying your vintage and tea blogging. a