Wednesday 22 October 2008

Nash Roller skates


Now that it's getting a bit nippy outside, I'm looking for an activity which will still allow me to go out on Wandsworth Common, but which will bring a little colour to my cheeks quicker than my currently non-existent half-walk/half-run routine.

I've been lusting after these Nash roller skates ever since I saw them on Pretty in the City a few months ago. There are still some for sale on Ebay. They're vintage, yes indeed, made in the late 70s/early 80s.

My hand/eye/anything coordination skills are not good. I've always wanted a moped, mainly so that I could get a pink Penelope Pitstop helmet, but I know it's just not a good idea.

Here's the evidence:
  • I once crashed a three wheeler motorbike into a fence and broke it.
  • When I did my RYA Level 1 Sailing certificate, I crashed a boat into a wall.

I'm sure there are more examples, but there are some things in life it's best to blank out.

I wasn't good at tightrope walking either (it hurt my feet), or ballet, or trampolining, and I couldn't quite get the salsa shimmy. But apart from the risk of crashing, perhaps old-fashioned rollerskating could be my thing?

Photo via Pretty in the City.

No comments: