Monday 20 October 2008

Tea of the week: Ottolenghi



I'm not fond of making sweeping declarations in public, in case they come back to haunt you, but I feel no reticence in announcing that I had one of the best desserts of my life yesterday afternoon at Ottolenghi in Notting Hill. My friend Lynne and I hovered with anticipation around the tiny sit-in area, but no-one looked ready to budge. As a compromise, we managed to sit outside at the tiny smoker's ledge - but it was worth it, even with a late afternoon chill coming on.

Passion fruit meringue.

Lynne's strawberry shortcake.

A small part of the beautiful window display.

The top two images are from Ottolenghi; a pear and cranberry upside down cake, and orange and pistachio marshmallows. The recipes are on their website, and they also have a very delicious-looking book, Ottolenghi: The Cookbook.

No comments: