Tuesday 7 August 2012

Hendy Home Store

A few weeks ago I took a day trip to Hastings, where I'd already earmarked Hendy Home Store {which I'd spotted while driving through the Old Town on our way here.}



It didn't disappoint! Full of  Labour and Wait-type utilitarian home goods, such as enamel kitchenware, antique desks and lamps, Mason jars {although pricey at £25 each!} and old linens.

 

But, a great source of excitement, which wasn't expected, was when we saw a menu in the window! Recently opened at the back of the shop is a tiny restaurant which sells simple, mainly fish-based recipes. I loved our starter of radishes with a celery leaf salad and bread, and my baked crab was delicious. We sat on a table right beside the kitchen, and I loved it. Only open at weekends, from 12-4, it was the highlight of the day! Next time I'm in Hastings I'll be heading straight there for lunch.  

2 comments:

Kitchen fitter in Faversham said...

haha you posted about it before I almost had a heart attack when I enter the door, what an amazing place, they weren't serving food as I went on a wed, but the shop and building was juts out of this world. By the way I agree about the photos issue, I wish i could spend more money on them, I get by but I need to improve, soon...

Unknown said...

My husband and I nearly didn't go in when we were there a few weeks ago as we weren't what it was. But I was so glad we did; we must have spent half an hour in there just gawping.

retrobureau.wordpress.com