Friday, 25 February 2011

Happy Weekend and a Royal Bake-off


Happy Weekend everyone! I don't know if it's just me, but it's seemed like the slowest week ever... I will spend this weekend searching for spring {there are already snowdrops on my walk to work.}

Just a few links for your weekend;

Love Pia's new website,

And this flower project...

And also this Royal Wedding Street Party cake by Jane Asher in yesterday's Times {they are also running a bake-off, if you fancy something more adventurous than my straw styling competition.}

Photo used with permission from The Times on Facebook.

9 comments:

Callie Grayson said...

that cake is very sweet!
and yes, this week is going very slow... so happy it is Friday! Enjoy your weekend.
xx
callie

Elizabeth @rosalilium said...

Sweeeet cake. I wouldn't to eat, just to stare it and mavel in it's cuteness.

Paper Heart Girl said...

This is the first I'm hearing about the times' Royal bake-off! What a fabulous idea! I can't wait for the Royal wedding! x

Star said...

It's a work of art, but I wouldn't want to eat it - too much handling!

POPPY FRENCH said...

we've got Daffs at work and they're proper springy!

domestikate said...

Gosh that cake is brilliant!

From Trees Fall Apples said...

Terribly beautiful cute.
I'm a little sad I don't get to hold an English street party for the wedding. I'd love to make the most of the Bank Holiday.

Laura said...

It's so pretty! Would (almost) be a shame to eat it...

Crumbs said...

what a great cake. Bit of joy in dismal weather. so cold...