Thursday 13 November 2008

Spoonflower

Fancy yourself as a textile designer? Or did you think that was just a little out of your design reach?

Well, a new opportunity may be coming your way. North Carolina-based company Spoonflower offers the chance to design your own fabric; all you have to do is upload the design, and they will print the fabric for you. They will even do sample swatches, and will ship internationally.

Below are some of the designs which have been produced already. It is a new company, which only launched in May 2008, but already they are in huge demand!






For my own fabric, I think I would choose something with typography (as I don't have any graphic design vision) - perhaps a favourite quote typed with an old typewriter, and then repeated. I am feeling inspired - watch this space!

Thanks to Girl and Coconut for the tip. Photos via Spoonflower's Flickr gallery.

3 comments:

editor said...

OK- Just when you think they have thought of everything! Why didn't I think of this? Genious really. So fun. Can't WAIT to see your typed fabric...go for it!
:)

Anonymous said...

How neat is that?! I wish I was more artistic, but goodness, that is so fun! And I saw there is no minimum fabric order, either- so great.

Lizzy said...

That is just a great idea for a company. Sometimes I just can't find exactly what I want when looking for fabric. Now I can get EXACTLY what I want! I just have to design it first...