Saturday 29 November 2008

Plane photos

I love photographs taken from aeroplanes, no matter how terrible the quality.

I took this one, flying over Philadelphia. I was looking out for the Amish, but I didn't see any - there is something very appealing to me about their simple, gentle existence. I once saw an amazing rainbow as I was flying above the clouds - so I have made sure I always look out, ever since.

This one is via Orangette, which you simply must read if you haven't been there before. Her writing is so seductive; I once cooked for almost 12 hours straight, trying out Molly's recipes. Hasselback potatoes, tomato sauce, Nigella's granola, chocolate granola, even. I could go on.

And I just saw this pretty Australian view on Slice of Style.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

6 comments:

Char said...

one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen out a window was a round rainbow and I wished I had my camera with me.

the shots always make me think of freedom.

Lynne said...

Hi Char, Actually now I remember that's the whole reason I wrote the post - I saw an amazing rainbow too - must edit my post.

Leciawp said...

Love these shots of the perspective of the traveller. Hope you're having a great holiday weekend!

Chocolate and Steel said...

I love that first photo. I always take pictures out of the plane but usually all that shows up are the scratches on the window. I'll keep trying.

.kate said...

no matter how many times I fly, I still get all warm and fuzzy when I take off. It is such an amazing feeling. Great Pics!

Christina Jane said...

Hey Lynne, I dropped by so thought I would leave you a comment :) I love the plane photos - being a pilot myself. I never get sick of the view from above!
Keep posting.