Sunday 14 November 2010

Midcentury Modern Fair

A very abridged post on today's Midcentury Modern Fair at Dulwich College, due to quality control issues with my photographs.

This should not have made the final edit {blurry photos = photography fail #1}, but I loved these glass poison jars and test tubes from Metro Retro {always my favourite stand.}

My friend bought the above chair and also its restored mate {which you can only just see in the corner - photography fail #2.}

Nice zinc crates and old Mason jars.

Midcentury Modern always has stands from modern designers too {today I spotted some of my favourites; Eleanor Pritchard, Ben Javens and Sally Nencini.} I also liked these upcycled drawers from Rupert Blanchard.

So, only four photos worth sharing, but well worth a visit, as always. My friend reckons that Mad Men has pushed up the prices of midcentury furniture - do you agree?

8 comments:

KERRY said...

i'm just back from there. I agree...they have pushed up prices. And it was mayhem there...sooooo packed, could barely move.

katie said...

Aha, thanks for posting the link to Eleanor Pritchard, loved the look of her stuff but didn't pick up a card. It was good to see but very busy and stressful to get to!

Lynne said...

Katie & Kerry - the key is to go EARLY - we'd made our purchases by 9.45.

Unknown said...

I was planning to go and then...well given the weather, I stayed at home making some cards...

http://bodieandfou.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-really-cards.html

Madeleine said...

Thanks for that - Love Rupert Blanchard's piece, hadn't seen his work before.

Elizabeth said...

Totally agree. It's always the way with the things.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

This looks like a dreamland! Except for the comments about the crowds... I love those test tubes and would love a few to put flowers in!

flock of tea cosy said...

Those upcycled drawers are genius!