Saturday 27 September 2008

Yellow Fever

I can still remember my first fashion decision as a child. My mum had a mail order catalogue and I remember choosing a whole outfit. Not quite having mastered the art of contrasting and complementing clothes at the age of 5 or 6, I picked out a yellow sweatshirt, ra-ra skirt, yellow and white striped tee-shirt, yellow and white socks, and yellow plimsoles. I have never worn yellow since but recently I have felt myself drawn towards it.

Paris is more yellow-feverish than London.

From the post boxes (I love this, it's not just a canary yellow, it is almost a neon yellow)...

To trolley bags...

I almost bought this Perigot Trolley Bag - imagine how much fun it would be to go shopping with this. I think if you're going to embrace the old-lady trolley bag then you might as well make a statement! This one looks really sturdy too. Then I remembered that a) I am on a budget and not supposed to be making frivolous purchases and b) I'll be back in Paris one of these days. My outward trip took 5 hours so Eurostar are giving me a free ticket - it would be a shame not to use it.

No comments: