Tuesday 8 May 2012

Flower spotting

Some flowers in my kitchen; a jam jar decorated with a chalk pen (it's not permanent, I had to be careful not to smudge it as it didn't fully dry.) I've been going crazy with that pen - more to come. I'm a fan of simple designs.



The chair is a kid-sized chair from Quirky Dovetail, a shop very close to where I live and which I'm always popping into. I think their items are reasonably priced, and they will also paint your furniture for you if you lack the inclination. I'll share an overall view of the chair once I figure out how to change the lens on my camera. I'm thinking of using it as a bedside table.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Clever idea Lynne, simple but so pretty! You'd be so proud of me I had a friend who's thinking of starting a blog, around earlier for a blog school! Can you believe that?!

Shellywellydoodlealltheday said...

I Love flowers in jam jars. They just look so homely. But the little chair! I lurve the little chair! Its gorgeous! I don't know why but its reminding me of the children's book 'Heidi' very cute in a kind of Alpine way. XxshellxX

Polly Rowan said...

pretty flowers and I love the chair! I was saying to my boyfriend the other day that I have an urge to paint some pottery at the moment (I just read your other post about the striped pottery). But maybe I should just get myself some chalk pens instead :) cheaper! xx

Angy is my name. said...

Ok - I'm not generally the "violent" type but IF I had a gun, and IF came a knocking... I'm afraid it would be as simple as: "Hands up... Your chair or your life" :-)