Thursday 2 June 2011

The Book Barge

Last Saturday I met a friend from Lancashire for a day out in Birmingham. I didn't want to lug my camera around all day, so I didn't bring it, but it turned out there was so much to see! Some photographs from my friend's camera, apologies for the quality but I hope you get the idea.

The Book Barge is a bookshop on a barge! Having worked in publishing for a few years, I'm a big advocate of supporting independent bookshops.



The Crying of Lot 49, one of the most grim books I've ever read.

You can follow the Book Barge's whereabouts and activities on their blog {you can barter books!}. If you can't make Blognic, how about someone organises a Midlands-based Boatnic, or Blogboat, or something...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bookshop on a barge? Oh my, it sounds fabulous!!

I don't think the photographs are poor quality at all. A lovely post :)

Niki @ http://little-quaint-moments-and-memories.blogspot.com/
xx

Unknown said...

What a fab idea, I have never heard of this before but I am quite near Birmingham so may check it out!

Kitchen fitter in Faversham said...

Photos are good!! I love going into small book shops, specially if they stock old rare books.

Lisa Falzon said...

Hah isn't it the fate of every excursion where you decide a camera is not needed, that you regret it immediately?
I love that book barge, it's so much awesomeness in one idea...!

Unknown said...

What a cute bookshop and enchanting books!!! Thank you for sharing this beautiful information :)

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks too cute! What a lovely idea – floating books! ;)