Monday 13 December 2010

Homemade

My only Christmas decoration so far, and likely to be the only one - a small wreath made with bits from around the house - an embroidery hoop, gold ribbon, milk glass brooches and a few leftover pieces of eucalyptus from the florist for £1. It's my first wreath attempt, and I'm quite pleased with it. I treated myself to a Diptyque fig candle yesterday, so I think that may be the full extent of my decorations. But you never know - I bought some silver glitter the other day, and it needs a purpose...

11 comments:

Cat said...

So pretty! You know...nothing wrong with just a touch of Christmas in your decor! Hubs and I only put up a small tree each year (we have a small house and don't have much room for a lot of decorations :)) Best, Cat

Unknown said...

Simple but beautiful. Kx

HannahB said...

I really like it!

and i love the diptique fig candle too- who needs decorations.

Born & Bred Studio said...

I love the lace and brooch! Lovely and simple. Quite jealous about the Diptique candle! xxx

KELLY said...

oh it looks lovely! very simple and pretty...just my cup of tea : ) and as it was so cheap all the more funds for diptyque candles...yay! x

Cassie said...

It looks so delicate and pretty. I have heard far too many stories of wreaths being stolen from doors recently I hope yours is inside.
xx

Amber said...

That is extremely beautiful. Much prettier than my disastrous grape vine wreath attempt!

chandlerguera said...

craftychica.com has LOTS of ideas for decorating with glitter!

Becky said...

Oh I love this, simple but elegant. And yay to Diptyque candles, they are the best!

Anonymous said...

Love love love it! :) Well done you! I'm planning on making my first wreath this year – I have the wire shape but still not idea what to actually make the 'bulk' of it out – keep having various random ideas!

Ellie said...

Oh Lynne, this is so lovely! Well done! x