Thursday 11 November 2010

Autumn leaf craft project (failed)


So, I had my mum dry lots of leaves for me in glycerine, with grand ideas of an autumn wrapping or garland project. Drying them in glycerine turns them brown, but they stay soft and maleable and should last for ever {or so she says.}

Unfortunately, I'm full of grand ideas which don't always see fruition {I'm not much of a crafter.} I sewed these few with embroidery thread but I've given up on the rest. I am working on Tea for Joy Christmas gift guides for next week, but I was determined to show at least these few leaves first.

Check back next autumn for the {potentially} completed project.

6 comments:

Mariella said...

they say that good intentions that's all it counts...they look beautiful just like these, and looking forward to the Christmas shopping guide!

Anonymous said...

It's a good idea though... most of my craft projects are about half done – just waiting for that elusive free afternoon when I have nothing else to do!

Unknown said...

Well it was a good idea!
maybe we should talk about the market next year...

http://bodieandfou.blogspot.com/2010/11/mood-board-for-white-something.html

Stella Jones said...

You have some very good ideas though, don't you. Those leaves look like chocolate - good enough to eat.

I know just what you mean by long-winded projects. In your mind's eye you see them finished in weeks, not months, but then somehow, another idea comes along and the previous one goes on the shelf.
Blessings, Star

Cassie said...

I think they look really pretty and would be a great project for many new to sewing youngsters I know of!
xx

Day Dreamer said...

They still look very lovely!