Monday 28 June 2010

Inspired by...

A few weekends ago some friends and I helped decorate for a Moldovan fundraiser. I'm full of good ideas - they just aren't always my own...

Inspired by Art as Life. I bought the paper lanterns from The Hanging Lantern Company and the tissue paper pom poms from Paper Pom Pom (you can make them yourself, following these instructions, but I know my limits, and they weren't expensive.) We were using the colours of the Moldovan flag (red, yellow and blue.)

Inspired by me! A colleague, Cristina, kindly translated English phrases into Moldovan for me. I should have bought the tulips before the very last minute, but oh well.

Inspired by A Creative Mint. We scanned Moldovan stamps onto A3 paper and printed some phrases in the centre.

Inspired by Lobster and Swan. We scanned Moldovan first day covers and made super-quick bunting with a stapler and ribbon.

Inspired by running out of table decorations, we quickly made some mini bunting using Japanese masking tape and decorated plain glasses. I love mini bunting.

On the right, bunting with red and white string and mini wooden pegs, inspired by a customer, Isobel, whose wedding photos I will be able to share with you soon.

It was fun, even if it was a little bit OTT on using every single good idea I've seen recently!

My photos are on Flickr.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it all! Especially the bunting :)

Kayla Joy said...

very creative! I always find my brain faltering when it comes to decorating. I'm very impressed with what you came up with!

Little Jane St said...

sweet inspiration - love the bottom left!