Wednesday 20 January 2010

Wednesday workspace

I'm always looking out for interesting office chairs as my desk is in the corner of my living room and it would be on display. Although this one is bright and looks good, I've already eliminated it from my enquiries as it's not adjustable and looks like it could scrape my wooden floor. As I'm already in possession of two uncomfortable office chairs, I'm going to deliberate for quite a while before buying another one. If anyone has any stylish but comfortable recommendations, please let me know!

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for storage under a desk like this? My desk is pretty open, like this one, but I'm accumulating quite a pile of printers/scanners etc which are sitting on the floor at the minute. I've recently bought a box on wheels from Rose and Grey which stores printer paper and some items when they aren't in use, but the area still manages to look very untidy.

image via Livingetc.

7 comments:

Top Bird @ Wee Birdy said...

Ohhh, I love that pop of juicy green. Fantastic. I'm also suffering from the dreaded under the desk printer-cables-cords tangle. Might be worth looking into somewhere like Muji for something... xx

Anonymous said...

I have my printer along with all of my network equipment and various other devices that I need for work stored on a bookshelf with an open back. It's neatly stacked in one spot and the open back allows for cord management.

I suppose it would also be easy to hide the equipment as well by attaching a piece of fabric to the front to hide the contents of the bookshelf.

Katie said...

Haven't got any great tips - but if you find a stylish and comfy chair please post about it! I'm amazed by how few chairs are nice to sit in, surely that's what everyone wants from a chair??

ImplausibleYarn said...

I know of a few comfortable but not stylish chairs. If you do succeed in your mission be sure to post about it please.

Philip said...

That green is terrifc and I love the case beside the chair. Thanks for the link to the Wooden Storage Box on Wheels, that's terrific.
Sorry I have no advice for cable hiding.

Unknown said...

great green! we have the same name btw.! not just the lynne part:)

kristina - no penny for them said...

great chair!

i know what you mean though - isn't it strange that comfortable and well-designed desk chairs are near impossible to find? i'm living with a compromise too.