Monday, 18 January 2010

Style Resolutions: Patchwork Harmony

Today's style resolutions come from Caroline at the Patchwork Harmony blog. Caroline's shop, Patchwork Harmony, sells lots of lovely shabby chic/rustic-style homewares (I've always really loved this lace cushion, now on sale.) She is running a blogging competition to win a £50 voucher to her shop, so if you're ready to unleash your writing talent on the world, definitely check it out.

Thanks, Caroline!

Style resolutions: Caroline from Patchwork Harmony

Q. What was your favourite design find/achievement of 2009?

I think it would actually have to be buying my first home. When we found the house it was everything I had wanted and more, and I never thought we would get our offer accepted, so when we did, it felt like it really was meant to be. From the day we moved in I have been constantly looking and thinking about what I want to do in terms of decor so it is just one lovely big design project! I love it! I am especially excited to hang our beautiful Louise Body wallpaper in a few weeks!

Q. What are your style resolutions for 2010?

Occasionally save up to buy a really nice piece of furniture. For example I just spied these lovely drawers on wheels from Rose & Grey posted on the Glitterball blog - I'd love these for my office.

Try my hand at 'making over' some more furniture... I've painted and recovered a few wooden chairs this year which I loved doing, so I'd like to do more of that, and just 'create' more in general... I've got a few small projects in mind, so let's see if they actually materialise!

Be more imaginative about how things can be used. I love it when I see old wooden crates used as shelves, or an old stepladder in a kitchen being used to hold saucepans for example... so I'd love to give new function to objects like this.

Q. Which style/design blog(s) will you be reading in 2010?

At the moment blogs I read regularly include Eat, Drink, Chic, Tales of a Junkaholic, Glitterball, Conversation Pieces, Automatism, Her Little Place and Home Shopping Spy.


Callie Grayson said...

Thanks for the intro to her! Love that last image with the boxes for book shelves, reminds me of a shrine, I think that is why I am drawn to it so!


Green Lashes and Fashion said...

Stunning images (love the wallpaper). I also love the idea of making over the furniture you already own. Thanks for the inspiration!

The Hausfrau said...

More fun--I'm really enjoying these Style Resolutions!