Monday 18 January 2010

Style Resolutions: Patchwork Harmony

Today's style resolutions come from Caroline at the Patchwork Harmony blog. Caroline's shop, Patchwork Harmony, sells lots of lovely shabby chic/rustic-style homewares (I've always really loved this lace cushion, now on sale.) She is running a blogging competition to win a £50 voucher to her shop, so if you're ready to unleash your writing talent on the world, definitely check it out.

Thanks, Caroline!

Style resolutions: Caroline from Patchwork Harmony

Q. What was your favourite design find/achievement of 2009?

I think it would actually have to be buying my first home. When we found the house it was everything I had wanted and more, and I never thought we would get our offer accepted, so when we did, it felt like it really was meant to be. From the day we moved in I have been constantly looking and thinking about what I want to do in terms of decor so it is just one lovely big design project! I love it! I am especially excited to hang our beautiful Louise Body wallpaper in a few weeks!

Q. What are your style resolutions for 2010?

Occasionally save up to buy a really nice piece of furniture. For example I just spied these lovely drawers on wheels from Rose & Grey posted on the Glitterball blog - I'd love these for my office.

Try my hand at 'making over' some more furniture... I've painted and recovered a few wooden chairs this year which I loved doing, so I'd like to do more of that, and just 'create' more in general... I've got a few small projects in mind, so let's see if they actually materialise!


Be more imaginative about how things can be used. I love it when I see old wooden crates used as shelves, or an old stepladder in a kitchen being used to hold saucepans for example... so I'd love to give new function to objects like this.


Q. Which style/design blog(s) will you be reading in 2010?

At the moment blogs I read regularly include Eat, Drink, Chic, Tales of a Junkaholic, Glitterball, Conversation Pieces, Automatism, Her Little Place and Home Shopping Spy.

3 comments:

Callie Grayson said...

Thanks for the intro to her! Love that last image with the boxes for book shelves, reminds me of a shrine, I think that is why I am drawn to it so!

xx
callie

Anonymous said...

Stunning images (love the wallpaper). I also love the idea of making over the furniture you already own. Thanks for the inspiration!

Hausfrau said...

More fun--I'm really enjoying these Style Resolutions!