Wednesday 4 November 2009

Ticktocklers

Ticktocklers is based in Wales and is a collaboration between Fizzy Popov - who creates clocks from vintage tins and old records - and Knottyburr - whose clocks use more traditional materials such as wood and slate.

A cool tobacco tin clock ($20.)

Lovely pastille tin ($16) - but could I tell the time from a distance? And does it matter?

A more traditional - but very appealing - slate clock, made from reclaimed Welsh slate ($25), which to me looks perfect for anyone trying to connect with their Celtic roots...

Ticktocklers have individual shops on Folksy (Fizzy Popov and Knottyburr) and a blog, too.

I'm fascinated by clocks. I'm not sure why - I don't own one. Perhaps it's because my dad made clocks (including a grandfather clock) - but I think it's because I'm convinced that simple versions must be quite easy to make. The above clocks are reasonably priced, but I did see an £80 vintage plate clock in Liberty (in a similar style to this - which also has instructions on how to make your own) which really made me question their mark-up....

5 comments:

Callie Grayson said...

FUN,
adore the second one!!
xx
callie

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie said...

I love that first tin clock. Need one of those! Thank you for sharing the link.
http://girlwhimsy.blogspot.com

TERI REES WANG said...

I need to learn how to make these! ;P

I just found and fell in love with the knitted clocks at Anthropologie.

Jen said...

I love the second one. And in answer to your question, no, I couldn't tell the time from across the room and NO it doesn't matter :)

Jen

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are really cool clocks. Thanks for sharing this.