Thursday 6 August 2009

Five Friday Faves


Oh my goodness, I have just signed up to the Benevolent Postcard Society and I am so so excited!

A lovely roundup of packaging.

Melanie's list of fun things to send in the mail (the envelope above makes the cut.)

Love this handmade laptop case.

A DIY art project using your passport stamps.

Hope you all have a great weekend. The sun has come out here just in time. I'm hoping to go and see Coco before Chanel. Have any of you seen it? I also have to go to a meeting where I need to report back about a volunteers' picnic I am organising for two hundred people in a month's time. Except I haven't started doing anything yet - anyone have any bright (and quick) ideas so I can sound like I have made some progress - I would love some ideas for fun activities or games. I've been thinking about the styling - bunting, vintage tablecloths and fabric flowers if I can figure out how to make them - but I'm not sure that should be my first priority.

13 comments:

whoatemycrayons said...

How about make your own bunting kits or garlands, then people can have something to take away with them as a memento? Using paper or old fabrics etc.

Melissa A said...

I just joined the benevolent post card society. Thanks for sharing the idea. It sounds like fun. Maybe we'll share a postcard.

You Are My Fave said...

Oh, thanks for including me on the list! And super congrats on your shop, it's really beautiful.

Lyndsee said...

Since I am unable to ignore a direct request, I am leaving you a comment. Your blog is lovely, and what do you mean by "Liberty" in your about me section? I'm assuming since it's capped that you aren't referring to freedom of speech, etc.

LittleDoodles said...

Gosh that packaging post is beautiful...I'm always drawn to a good bit of packaging! & thank you for the comment on my blog, unfortunately the competition ended but thank you so much for the offer of writing about my doodle anyway :)

Angie said...

LOVE your blog & have given it an award - go see.

Anonymous said...

That photograph is so beautiful I can't stop looking at it. How did you do it?

freeteyme said...

fun blog!!!!!

Ellie said...

thanks for including mint on the list!!

the notebook doodles said...

that envelope is brilliant :)

Artemis Russell said...

Ah! thank you for including my laptop case in your Friday Faves! You are always my fave everyday of the week!

Rose said...

I saw Coco Avant Chanel at the weekend- thought it was wonderful, better than i was expecting. Audrey Tatou was wonderful as ever but the two male leads were wonderful too- I was quite smitten. Sigh. Adore those envelopes!

blue moss said...

i love that envelope!!!