Monday 11 May 2009

My weekend's shopping list

What I considered buying but didn't:

Sunday (at the car boot sale):

- a lacrosse racket (because does anyone actually know anyone who has played it, apart from in Enid Blyton novels?)
- rusty binoculars
- old hairdressing scissors
- a pink powder compact
- some old bone dominos (which I wish I had bought.)
- a large wooden cog.

What I did buy (on Saturday, in local charity shops as well as an antiques market.)


- an old corkscrew
- vintage buttons
- embroidered napkins
- Polaroid film X 2
- an eggcup
- an old gardening encyclopaedia
- a metal bird
- lots of bits of fabric

Next weekend I have a photo shoot for a project I am working on. As usual, I've left everything to the very last minute. Am I the only who does this kind of thing? I think I'm going to have to take Friday off work. As you may be able to tell from the motley collection above, I haven't quite figured out how to create a cohesive look yet.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Love your finds, especially the embroidered napkins. Good luck pulling everything together!

London Caker said...

I played Lacrosse for my sins! I even made the school team as goalkeeper for a while until I realised that it entailed getting up at 6am on Saturdays to travel to matches, at which point I hung up my stick for good in favour of messing about in the art department in my free time.

Lovely finds - especially the metal bird!

Julia said...

I love all your vintage finds! Especially the napkins :)

Stella Jones said...

I giggled when I read this post because I have those things (or ones just like them) in my house in England. I have the exact same corkscrew. It is so interesting to me that someone like you is collecting those old objects. Happy hunting and photoshooting next weekend. I love to read your Blog.
Blessings, Star

Callie Grayson said...

what fun shopping you had, hope the photo shoot goes well. the bone dominos would have been really cool.

Patchwork Harmony said...

good finds! intrigued to see the photoshoot too! x

Bella said...

Ha! I used to play lacrosse at school; with an old wooden and cat-gut stick (and no I'm not 80 years old - they were still standard issue in the early 90s!) We had to rub them with linseed oil every term - the smell will always remind me of foggy cold winter mornings - brrrr!