Tuesday 12 May 2009

Before & after: Meg's coffee table

I love looking at before and afters - I live vicariously through other's achievements, and feel inspired to get on with some of my own projects.

Here's Meg's hall table (there are more crafty projects on her aptly named blog - Meg Gets Crafty...)

Before: an eBay purchase.


Afterwards: a lick of white paint, some Marimekko fabric and a new drawer knob, from this eBay seller. If you look carefully you can see how perfectly it matches the fabric - she must have been so excited to find it!


Of course, it helps that the after shot has Meg's newly refurbished white floorboards to set it off - but I think it's a great result!

10 comments:

avant garde design said...

seriously better "after" result. i love painted furniture vs. stained anyday. it's softer looking, and warmer. i also love her choice of cushion material. i'm also a knob snob. i'm constantly changing the hardware on pieces i buy. it adds an easy facelift. :)

Unknown said...

I love it! That is so creative. :)

Unknown said...

Oo! Very nice. I love the fabric choice as well.

Apt. #34 said...

how rockin' is that! How i wish I had DIY inclinations :)

Conversation Pieces said...

I've always been so jealous of that find – and that makeover. Think I may have mentioned this a few times to Meg!


(I am that jealous – I love telephone tables!)

Callie Grayson said...

love the after! what a great makeover.
thanks for the intro to Meg, off to visit her site!!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

HOW CUTE!




Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com-

Slices of Beauty... said...

Loving the after look!

Helen said...

That's really nice! I keep seeing things to do up but am always too scared to do so. I'm bookmarking this for future inspiration.

London Caker said...

A very belated thank you to Lynne for featuring my table and thanks for all your lovely comments!