Wednesday 4 March 2009

Dark walls: Chris Everard

I'm currently wondering whether I have painted my living room walls a dark enough shade of grey. I'm not so distressed that I would bother painting them again, but I think they could have taken one or two shades darker. I will post some photos in the next few days.

I've just discovered the British photographer Chris Everard, and I love these images which I have found, for their dramatic backgrounds.

I love the dark walls and dark floors. I think it looks really effective when the skirting boards and plug sockets are painted the same colour as the walls. I have been a fan of these Chinese mailboxes for a while - if only I could figure out a location to hang them.

I love the fabric on this chair - I'm still deciding which design to recover this chair in - and this looks like it could be a new contender.


What's not to love? Antique tiles - fabulous.

I actually like the slightly scuffed look of the paint along the skirting board - it makes it look a little more like a neglected stately home.

If you are visiting from my London shopping guide on Design Sponge - thanks for stopping by!

Photos via Chris Everard.

2 comments:

Diana said...

wowowow. beautiful.

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i love the idea of dark walls and for so long i was terrified that it would simply make any room look small. so not true, plus it adds a lovely moody feel.