Tuesday 24 February 2009

V&A Shop

As a child, one of my favourite books was Noel Streatfeild's Ballet Shoes. The children in the book used to go to the Victoria and Albert Museum every weekend. When I moved to London, I thought I would become a frequent visitor too, visiting only one room each time, so that I could give the objects and ephemera the attention they deserve.

I never quite got around to my room-by-room approach. Although there have been many exhibitions I have loved over the years, one of my favourite parts of the V&A is the shop. Oops. Is it wrong that it's one of my first stops on my visits there?

Recently I have been embracing my feminine side for my home decoration. So, I have been eyeing up their beautiful range of botanical prints.





There are lots of other appealing items too.

Elizabeth Arden advertisement.

Kimono notebook.

Decal fans.

Embroidered canvas.

It's definitely worth a stop on the tourist trail.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that last botanical print. I'm sad that it would have no place in my apartment. Don't you sometimes wish you could have several apartments, all in different styles?

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Those botanical prints are gorgeous. I love the ranunculuses! That's how I feel about the DIA, though the DIA is probably more manageable than V&A.

deux oiseaux said...

Hello. I came across your blog via Design*Sponge. The V&A is my favourite museum in London. I just took a textile course there on Sunday. I really enjoy your blog-- can I feature you on mine?