Wednesday 25 February 2009

£5 find


A few weekends ago, I went to Folkestone, on the South coast of England. My friend and I found a great junk shop - and I bought the three items above for £4.50! I was very pleased. I plan to use the ashtray for my often-mislaid keys. I might get a piece of mirror cut for the brass frame - but I also like it on its own, with nothing in it. I also saw a pair of Victorian framed prints for £40, but I resisted them due to cash flow restraints - in retrospect I think this was a mistake as they were a perfect pair.

5 comments:

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

for all three? what an amazing vintage find!

Rachel said...

You scored! These are amazing finds and I can't believe the price was so good.

Anonymous said...

The bottle is beautiful. What great finds, good for you.
Jennifer
http://blog.jenniferlorton.com

Anonymous said...

Good scores! The Victorian frame on its own looks lovely. I found a similar frame, but much smaller in size, meant for two portraits, and after much deliberating, I realized nothing looked as good in them as the frame did on its own!

Anonymous said...

I love browsing junk shops as well, the best are outside London. Good stuff you bought for less than £5 well done.