Thursday 22 January 2009

The weekend beckons

I have had a rather exhausting week, which explains the lack of blog inspiration. I am looking forward to the weekend, so that I can sleep. It is raining here, and it's cold, and there is little to inspire me to go outside.

All I want to do is stay at home and make cabbage gratin.

And lounge around in flannel pyjamas.

Stay in bed and watch the West Wing (I'm still on series 1), under a cashmere throw.

With an ever-trusty hot water bottle at my side.

I have a fireplace in my bedroom, so if I was able to light it I could feasibly stay in bed, read books and not move at all.

This isn't mine, and it isn't that cosy - but it's so pretty I thought I would include it (I'm starting to feel my mood lifting already.)


I could read a book in the living room, snuggled up on a sheepskin rug.

My own style resolution: get a chimney sweep to examine my fireplaces this year, so that lighting a fire might become a possibility for next winter. I would love to have a real fire.

I have managed to put curtains up, after a very lengthy hiatus, and so it really is quite cosy in my living room. I have been working on making some improvements, and hopefully will take some photographs this weekend which I can share. I will be back at some point over the next few days to share my Five Friday Faves. I'm also taking part in Hooked on Houses' Friday Blog Party - take a look.

Bottom three images via Living Etc.

11 comments:

Lizzy said...

That is a lovely hot water bottle. I do love them.

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely weekend. I hope you're in your PJ's the entire time!

Char said...

sounds like a perfect day

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Sounds wonderful to me. I haven't seen those early episodes of "West Wing" in years--I should rent the DVD sometime and revisit them. Used to love that show when it was on.

Wish I had a fireplace in my bedroom. This one does look cozy!

Thanks for joining my party today. Enjoy your weekend!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Cashmere throw! I want one so bad. And that hot water bottle cover is gorgeous. I want a hat like that. must find the pattern!

inkWELL Press said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh! The West Wing! We've spent the whole of winter watching it - we're up to the second-last series. Sob!
Absolutely addicted. xx

Anonymous said...

I am JUST a little obsessed with the idea of covering my house in skins and furs...and that one chair vignette is convincing me to go for it!

Have a great weekend Lynne!

Gigi said...

You had me at The West Wing...

I was thinking of C.J. today while watching the new press secretary struggle through his press briefing.
I'm so jealous that you're on Season 1. You have so much great stuff ahead of you.

Anonymous said...

The last image is so beautiful!

Joanna Goddard said...

this is such a beautiful and cozy post! my aunt always makes us hot water bottles when we visit and they are one of life's simple pleasures :)