Friday 12 December 2008

Five Friday Faves


I'll be a step closer to being the perfect hostess, when I blatantly copy the crudites-in-shot-glasses and ravioli-on-a-stick ideas from this fabulous party.

And then, I'm going to try and make these brilliant and foolproof reindeer cupcakes.

I love the colours of this Pottery Barn Christmas wreath.

Another craft project I'd like to try are these delicate capice shell decorations.

Julia has written about one of my favourite shops in Dublin; Avoca (there's also one in Belfast.) I also have the Avoca Cafe Cookbook: Bk. 1, which I would highly recommend (I did have one incident of exploding curry from following a recipe in this book - all over my ceiling - but I'm sure it was my cooking which was the problem, not the recipe. And it was delicious.)

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Decorations in the photo are by Sidsel, via Bloesem.

5 comments:

Miss | A said...

Lynne! These are all so beautiful. I am thinking about buying that cookbook for my assistant who is young and makes mac and cheese out of a box for dinner! Loving that idea!! thanks. have a beautiful day!

Char said...

an adorable party and I'm with you, I have to make those cupcakes for my nieces and nephews!

great finds

Karen said...

I love that wreath! So pretty and not obnoxiously holiday-esque. Good choice :)

Brown Button Trading said...

Lynne - you are the sweetest for mentioning my baking efforts, thank you so much! We had them last night and they weren't too bad, even if I made say so myself.
Hope you are having a marvelouss weekend bella xx

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Those ornaments are great! I need to make some for my tree this year. Have a lovely Saturday!