Monday 8 December 2008

A book tree

If only I had any skill with a scalpel, then maybe I could attempt to recycle all those books I won't admit I've read and want to dispose of quickly (Chasing Harry Winston, for example) into beautiful pieces of art.

Well, of course I couldn't, and these beautiful book sculptures are the perfect example of why not. Su Blackwell, a graduate from the Royal College of Art, creates these intricate sculptures from books found in second hand book shops - which she reads first, and lets the words inform her work. I think they are exquisite.


Su currently has an exhibition at the Long & Ryle gallery in London, until 20th December.

5 comments:

Geisslein said...

Ahh! What a great (and shure difficult) work! Thanks for sharing these pictures with us!
winter-greetings from germany, geisslein

Char said...

wow - how beautiful and delicate.

Miss | A said...

what fragile pieces of utter beauty! Thanks for sharing that with us.

Miss | A said...

See my blog: I would love to see your Practical Christmas Wish List! Have a great day!

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

these are amazing, so so beautiful!