Friday 14 November 2008

Birds at Sophia's Sweet Spot

Well, something has got me in a bird mood again. Perhaps it was these photos of old birdcages at Sweetie Pie Pumpkin Noodle. Perhaps it was my frequent visits this week to Wee Birdy. Top Bird has been featuring a 'week of tea,' so as you can imagine, I've been keeping a close eye on her top tea finds, as Top Bird has impeccable taste. As advance warning for all you regular readers of Wee Birdy, there may be a strong chance that some of her suggestions will feature here as 'tea of the week' in forthcoming weeks. (Fully credited, of course.)

I have just stumbled across this little Etsy shop, Sophia's Sweet Spot, and its sweet collection of prints, including these bird prints. I think they would work really well in a very kitsch/retro apartment, or in a kid's room. I love the cute names Sophia has given to each print.

Mia Meadows returns
Mohawk'ing Bird Insomnia
Mohawk'ing Birds.

My favourite is the middle one, because I love the colour combination of mustard and green. My kitchen has greenish/grey walls and floor (actually it's very like the third colour in the print, the lighter green) and I think mustard is the perfect colour for accessories. I am going to post some before and after photos in the next few days, although there is still some way to go before it is truly 'after'.

Photos via Sophia's Sweet Spot.

2 comments:

editor said...

soooo 70's. Sooooo our house! We are in a total 1960's/70's Brady Bunch House- LOVE these prints. I may have to snatch one for my sons room! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the pictures that sometimes appear on Tiny Showcase
http://www.tinyshowcase.com/

All of which are so limited they disappear by the time I remember to look at the site.