Monday 29 September 2008

Tea of the week: Le Loir dans Le Theiere

Well, how about this for tea of the week? There I was, sipping Darjeeling tea and feeling ever so sophisticated while reading an Obama interview in French Marie Claire - and then this doorstop of a dessert arrived. I was fairly confident that I'd asked for lemon drizzle cake - but apparently not. This was divine all the same, if not a slightly ambitious portion for one - and it seems that I'm not alone in thinking so. This cafe was my favourite Paris find - Le Loir dans Le Theiere in the Marais district - the walls all covered with posters of upcoming cultural events, and a waiter with typical French attitude.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

This photo is beautiful! It makes me wish I were there. And I would love an nice cup of tea right now.