I thought it would be fun to join in on the list challenge started by Simple Lovely and Doobleh-Vay.
I'm currently on a bit of a career break, but a return to work is imminent, probably in the next two months. Here's a list of what I want to do before I get another job. I've capped the list at 20, but believe me, I could go on...
1. Go to New York as an election tourist - go Obama!
2. Make something with the 24 old watch faces I just bought in Paris - I'm desperate to have an Etsy shop, even though I don't have any craft-making talent.
3. Take up salsa again.
4. Design a header for my blog.
5. De-clutter, de-clutter, de-clutter - the story of my life.
6. Look for an old Polaroid camera on E-bay and stockpile as much film as I can, as they've stopped making it.
7. Finish painting my living room - there's been one unpainted wall for over a month now.
8. Admit that I am lazy and lacking in some domestic graces - and hire a cleaner.
9. Go to the Columbia Road flower market.
10. Spend some dedicated time on Ebay looking for the bargain furniture/ephemera/painting finds which other people always seem to find and refer to in their Living Etc homes.
11. Put up curtains, which I've lived without for the 17 months (really, that long?) I've owned this flat.
12. For at least one week, use up all of the ingredients in my organic vegetable box before the next one arrives.
13. Make at least one of Orangette's banana bread recipes (with the bananas I've frozen when I haven't eaten them before they get a bit mushy - see no. 12.)
14. Go for a walk on Wandsworth Common every day (I was going to write run but that may be slightly optimistic.)
15. Figure out how to use all the new appliances I have in my lovely new kitchen.
16. Take some time to consider what really is my signature karaoke song.
17. Have at least one dinner party where I'm not running round in a blind panic five minutes before the guests arrive.
18. Read at least five of the currently 23 unread books on my bookshelves.
19. Rearrange my bookshelves so my books are colour co-ordinated.
20. Have a brilliant idea so that I can have another (and preferably permanent) career break from my professional but uninspiring career.