Thursday 5 November 2009

Sunbury Antiques Market + Guest Blogging at SF Girl By Bay

Last week I followed in the footsteps of bloggers Artemis and Leigh and visited Sunbury Antiques Market at Kempton Park Racecourse. It was the perfect week to go, as the clocks had just gone back, and so it wasn't too much of a chore to get up at 6am.

It was a fun morning out, and there were tons of stalls, but I didn't see anything too original and not much in the way of bargains. However, I did buy a cake stand for £6, and when I went to my local antiques shop in the afternoon, theirs were selling for around £14, so I suppose mine was not too expensive. There were some stallholders who had come from France, and theirs had the most interesting items (old suitcases, vintage letters and shoe lasts, for example.) And Artemis seems to find amazing things there, so it may just have been an off day.

Today I am guest blogging at SF Girl By Bay, where I have shared better photographs of the items I nearly bought, so please go and have a look...(in case you were wondering, it was the old lockers in the bottom photograph which caught my attention, I never said I was much of a photographer!)

6 comments:

Artemis Russell said...

Wow I'm inpressed at your restraint! I got so many great things from there, its hard work though!

Feltbug said...

Hello! I was there too last week - I found a couple of beautiful treasures and chatted to some lovely stallholders - it was quieter than usual - apparently a lot of the stall holders were at another fair in Ardingly in Sussex.

Patchwork Harmony said...

I can't wait to get there! hopefully going to the next one... u thought it was expensive then? x

littlebyrd said...

I want to go! I spy a dozen domes :) Can't wait to go and check out more photos!

LittleDoodles said...

I'm so behind in reading all of my fave blogs, I'm so glad I've started again! I keep meaning to go and check out this market & I think I've just been persuaded :)

The Houseplant Chronicles said...

Just discovered your blog! Love it!!

Warm wishes,
Mina
www.bohemianvintageonline.com